Sunday, February 15, 2009

Finis, Finally

Extreme Makeover, Chris Edition

Done except it probably needs some more wall decor that we'll probably have to pick up over time. I want to make some sayings or Scripture verses for the walls with my Cricut, too. You might remember this project began when Deb was here. Yes, it's taken us this long to hang the shelves, get a chair, and finish the curtains. Yeah, well, it's done. Ish. :)


So the room is two-toned, and Christianne picked out the colors - a deep deep purple and a lavender. She also chose a lime green as kind of an accent color, along with the existing white on the closet, trim, and new desk and cubbies.

I love this chair. I saw it when we began working on the room for $30 at Target and kept it in mind all these weeks. Today we finally made it over there - and they had one left, on clearance for $15! Score! No, I wouldn't like it anywhere else, but I think it looks great in her room.
The cubbies to the left of the desk kind of zig-zag downward toward the closet. I didn't get a good picture of them.

Found the bedding at K-mart and a shower curtain to match, which I made into curtains. I think it'll look better if I get some tie-backs for them.

So what do you think overall? Does it capture a soon-to-be teenage girl's persona, do you think?
Thanks again, Deb, for getting us motivated on this project. xoxo

8 comments:

geo said...

i love it love it love it. i am jealous. people thought my mom was nutz when she let me "go purple". your's is BE-UUUUUUtiFUL!!!! i love it. your mom is too cool to let you go with that dark puple. the accessories are great too. the chair is perfect.

and for you....my favorite saying....

its FANTABULOUS!!!!!

Dad said...

Wow, that really came out nice!

Anonymous said...

You didn't even show the best part...the one I'm most proud of...the line separating the lavendar and the white of the closet! It's perfect!!!

Anonymous said...

Since I am a big fan of purple of any shade it is AWESOME! You all did a great job and I know Christianne will enjoy it. Now if she can just keep it clean?! LOL

Beth said...

THAT is the truth!

geo said...

purple cleans itself.

Christi said...

Dobby, you mispelled lavender.

Beth said...

Christi, you misspelled *misspelled*. ;)