Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Three

Three Mondays ago our baby girl turned three.

What do you call a three-year-old? A toddler? She stopped toddling long ago. A pre-schooler? I guess that fits. So I now parent a teenager, a pre-schooler, and a ten-er. Craziness. And although Grace has mastered the potty a couple of months ago, the recent addition of the puppy has me cheering "Good Potty!" all over again. And yes, Grace still sees shapes in them. Yesterday Wookiee pooed a screwdriver.

So Grace celebrated her third birthday at Disneyland and of course she had a wonderful, magical time. Is there any better age for Disneyland? I mean, all of us enjoyed it, from 3 to 60, but there's something about being 3 and being awed by all the magic. At 10 Josh was already explaining to me how certain things worked.

I have to say that I am so blessed with my kids. We arrived shortly after the park opened and stayed nearly until closing. With only a one-hour nap on Memaw's lap, Grace was the best sport ever. No whining, no complaining, no asking for things ~ she was simply delighted to be there. And the elder Wigglets, who might've gotten a little overlooked with the hooplah of Grace's big day, never complained either. Good kids.

So... highlights of the day:

  • Waiting in line for an hour to meet the Princesses. First Grace met Ariel, then Belle, and when Belle told her Jasmine was waiting for her, she turned around and said sharply, "Where's Cinderella!?!" No Cinderella in the park today, but Belle obviously knew the right thing to say to make it all right.

  • Not having to wait in line for most of the rides because Memaw was so kind as to fracture her pelvis before we got there.

  • Josh was thrilled with the tour guide on the Jungle Cruise, telling him at the end, "You're the BEST guide ever!"

  • Grace's favorite ride - The Teacups.

  • Fabulous weather.

  • Free tickets - 5!






What a precious gift you are to us, Grace. What joy and energy your bring with your beautiful smile and your precious sense of humor. We love you. Happy Birthday, Princess.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing your stories and your pictures. I really do look forward to reading and seeing what you guys do! So glad I got to spend a little time with you all last week. I'm glad your travels were safe and can't wait to do it again...hopefully, next time, I'll get to meet the princesses!!

--ap

geo said...

precious.

i loves it.

wshotshot said...

I am glad Grace had a magical time!