Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Trip Recap

Our trip to Cali was most excellent, but it was sooo busy. We also had uncharacteristically cool weather while we were there. I don't think it hit 90 until the day before we left, so we never had to turn on the a/c and freeze out Pop.

The kids were almost always perfect, and Wookiee even wasn't too much trouble. We had a great drive out there, finding a new spot to stay that's almost exactly halfway between here and there - Richfield, Utah. The only bummer is that with our schedule, we couldn't leave for CA until the 5th and two of my youth had weddings that week that we ended up missing. :(

We visited friends and family, ate lots of Tom's biscuits and gravy, packed boxes, and threw away a lot of old stuff at Pop's house. (The man seriously has all the packaging to everything he has ever owned stuffed somewhere at his house.) (Had, anyway!) Obviously we went to Disneyland, the boys went to Legoland, we got to see Deb play some more softball, attended Mom's retirement banquet, and we visited our Cali church.

I even had two wonderfully awesome loved ones hold parties for my unspecified business endeavor so I could write off part of our travel expenses. How sweet is that? They were fun, too, and definitely worth doing!

But seriously every day was scheduled from the time we got up until we went to bed. When there was a "hole" in our plans, we packed for Pop. We got a big dent in it but there's a lot more to do. A LOT. I joked around and said I couldn't wait to get home from my vacation so I could get some rest.

And rest we are getting. We haven't done a whole lot the past few days and it feels good. Mom drove back with me and we are enjoying just hanging out. We had a quiet Father's Day and Ro got a new grill that Mom and I are going to attempt to put together today. That should be fun. :)


2 comments:

geo said...

oh! i WANT that darth vadar and i dont even like him

wshotshot said...

It is hot now! Around 99 today and it is supposed to be over 100 the next several days! ARGH!!!

Sorry we did not get to hang out while you were here. Seems one or both of us are always busy!! Being sick did not help either!