There are requirements for assimilating into Coloradan culture. First, you must submit to the use of the word Coloradan, even though ColoradOan sounds better to my ears. Second, you must ride a bike. I got one for Mother's Day and have ridden it about three times. Third, you must have a dog. We also accomplished that last May.
But to be a Super Coloradan you also have to be a granola-crunching tree-hugger. I didn't make that up, folks - those are words from Super Coloradans themselves. These are the folks that frown on washing your car because of the water waste, who carry loads of reusable shopping bags to WalMart, who eat lots of good and "natural" foods. Now I'm not knocking it, mind you, but that typically isn't me. My car is dirty only because I'm lazy and cheap. I don't bring reusable shopping bags to WalMart because it would usually take 50 or so and I can't remember my wallet half the time. And if I ate lots of good and natural foods, we all know I wouldn't be the curvy lady I am. And by curves, yes, I mean a circle, not a figure 8.
But the reason I mention all this is because I have taken up a new project with those wasteful, bad-for-the-environment plastic shopping bags that Super Coloradans deplore. I have been introduced to a way to reuse them and help the needy! Indeed, I have begun asking for my items to be double-bagged so that I can have more. And I won't even tell you how many Mom asked the cashier to "donate" to my cause.
But seriously... it's kind of cool. I now have something to do while watching TV in the evening, besides eating. In fact, I can't eat because my fingers are busy. I can do something for people in need, and it doesn't cost me anything...
So, do you crochet? Got skillz? Watch this.
Wednesday, December 02, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I bought the reusable bags at Walmart and I can get a whole cart worth of groceries in 6-8 bags. They hold a lot more than the plastic grocery bags. The plastic grocery bags I do get from other stores I use to line my small trash cans throughout the house. I feel as if I am doing my part to save and recycle/reuse. I do not crochet put this project you are working on is a wonderful idea and I commend you for doing your part to recycle as well as help the homeless! AWESOME!
hey beth...that video just didn't ring my bells...do you have the instructions? i am going to pass this on to our quilting ministry ladies...its an excellent idea!
It didn't ring your bells meaning you didn't understand the instruction or it wasn't for you?
I don't have written instructions; the video is pretty straight-forward and it would be hard to explain without showing. Once you make the "yarn" out of the bags, it's a basic single-crochet stitch throughout, though.
If you want me to try to write out instructions, let me know.
Post a Comment