So someday I hope to begin (and finish) the Christmas decorating right after Thanksgiving. Every year that is my goal. Every year I fall behind. Tonight - December 8th - we will begin the Advent calendar. We'll do a whole week's worth at once, and then one day at a time until Christmas. Yesterday afternoon my family had a conversation that went something like this:
Me: Tonight we need to put up the nativity. Get your homework and chores done.
Josh: The advent calendar or the nativity?
Me: The nativity. I'm not ready with the advent calendar yet.
Grace: I want to help! Can I help put up the titty, too?
~~~~~
By the way, Aunt Martha made my nativity and I've used it every year now, since, I believe, 1989. Twenty years, several moves, and I haven't broken it yet!
~~~~~
It's cold. Really cold. And it has to be cold for me to complain because I like cold. I like it when it dumps 18" of snow on us in a 24 hour period and then clears up. This storm is not like that. I don't even know how much we've had - not 18", that's for sure, but it's like 7* outside and it's been snowing since Sunday night.
The problem for me is not the snow or even the cold, but that all I want to do when it's like this is eat, sleep, read, or craft. I don't want to take showers. I don't want to go to WalMart every single day. I don't want to take the kids to school or pick them up. I just want to snuggle. I think I was born to be a bear. Eat, eat, eat, and then snuggle up and hibernate through the winter. Sounds good to me.
~~~~~
Robert and I had a fantastic date this past weekend. We went and watched Roller Derby! That was so much fun... I am seriously considering trying out!
Ok... off to snuggle...!
Tuesday, December 08, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
okay you are going to HAVE to check into the kid's dialect. she is over board with the titty comment.
roflmaOFFFFFFF
love ya...me~who does not have one decoration up.
Roller Derby? Like the WWF?
Post a Comment