Saturday, December 05, 2009

Potluck

When we were kids, my parents used to play cards on Friday or Saturday nights with my grandparents and their friends. I don't remember how long it lasted, but I know we always looked forward to it ~ Deb and I would get to park in front of the TV until fairly late in the evening. It was because of those nights that I got to watch classics like Dukes of Hazzard, The Love Boat, and Fantasy Island (which creeped me out a bit when I was younger). I was just thinking of it this morning because we also watched, earlier in the evening, Tic Tac Dough, and a favorite category of mine was Potluck. Maybe it's because I was a Baptist.

~~~~~
Yesterday Grace told me, "I'll be there in a jippy, Mom!"

~~~~~
A most excellent reminder for those of us who parent young children can be found here.

~~~~~
Grace looked in my mouth as I yawned. "Wait, wait, what's in there?" she asked. Nothing. "I see jewelry on your teeth!" LOL


~~~~~

Remember Stellan? I hadn't checked the blog in so long until the other evening. Guess what? He's had a heart ablation and is 100% SVT free! God is so good. What an amazing story.



OK now... everybody get back to work. :)

6 comments:

Memaw said...

OMG! I hadn't thought of that stuff in years. Yes, the baptist do know how to do the potlucks. LOL
Can't wait till I come back . . . a little over two weeks. Yeah!!!

Grandpa-D. said...

When we were kids = In Those Days.

Lil Sis... said...

Do you know what ever happened to the lady that we prayed for because we saw the sign?? I was thinking about her the other day...

Beth said...

Last I heard - maybe a year ago? - she was doing well. Her name was Renee and I still have her address; I'll probably send her a Christmas card.

geo said...

the odd part about the english language is the pronunciation of the words. believe it or not, what starts in a child sometimes never leaves as adults...

take my mother and father, who quite possibly are your grandmother and grandfather as we all have the same last names, however, in actuality, memories make us ponder that they all may not be one and the same. but take them anyway...
grandma D, the bonnet wearer used to tell the story of her husband, the origina grandpa-d who as a young man and certainly, as i recall even as an old man, demanded that his children were never to be seen in public "thilthy". it was my mother's duty and obligation as the mother of his children (so he thought, [snicker}) to ensure the children were CLEAN. after several remarks regarding his "thilthy" children, my mother quietly [snicker] informed him they were not "thilthy", "filthy" maybe, but not "thilthy". i believe the speech pattern that gracie is exhibiting, could be hereditary.

go get 'em, gracie!

Beth said...

What a funny story, Geo. Thanks for the chuckle. My house is thilthy and I have a party in a couple of days - better get to work.