skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Back by Popular Demand
Thanks for missing me. You know who you are.Well, Pop had a wonderful birthday last week. On Thursday we celebrated with pizza. Boy, does he like pizza! On Friday night Mom and Deb arrived from Cali, and we celebrated on Saturday with a buffet lunch and then some light festivities at home.My girls made the cake:
I'm not sure what he wished for when he blew out those candles, but I don't think he could've wished for a better birthday. He thanked us many times for making it so special. After we sang, blew out the candles, and talked about the cake (we were too full from the buffet to indulge!), we gave Pop his gift, the scrapbook put together with messages of love from people from all through his life.
To date we've scrapbooked 55 messages, from friends, family, church family, former players, other coaches, former neighbors, and more. It was really special to see what he means to so many people and to hear so many wonderful memories included. He looked through the book last week and then we've been going back through it and reading the messages aloud. He tears up often because many are so heart-felt and touching. If you contributed to the album, thank you. It really meant a lot to him. If not, I can still add pages if you'd like to send something along.Deb's a natural, not just at softball, either:
Overall we had a great weekend. Deb commented on how great Pop is looking, even since Christmas when she saw him last. He really does seem to be doing well here. I know he doesn't like the cold but he seems to be in good humor despite it and he's dealing with it. I can't believe the birthday weekend is all over and we're already beginning the next weekend. We have been busy around here shopping for a mattress for Pop and just generally taking care of this and that. Lots going on, as always.
Have a great weekend ~
xoxo
4 comments:
Boy, that cake looks yummy!
happy birthday.
how blessed you all are to have your family with you.
spring is just around the corner and then the GOOD weather will be there!
I don't think spring is just around the corner here. It is stinking cold. We have long winters, and I am definitely ready for spring!
So glad Pop loved the scrapbook! It was a wonderful idea!!! I think I may steal your idea and make one for my Mama for her 90th b'day in December!
Post a Comment