Monday, April 26, 2010

Numba Twooo

Yesterday I woke up with a feeling of refreshment and a light heart despite being still tired from traveling this weekend to a Women of Faith conference with Barbara and Mom. We went to the late service at church (something we rarely do!) and then went to Black-Eyed Pea for lunch.

I sat between the two younger ones. After we'd been settled into the booth by the hostess, Grace in the corner on Ro and Pop's side remembered I'd promised to sit by her. Chris, in the corner on my side was a little... um, how shall we say it?... displeased to have to crawl under the table to change places with Grace.

Because I'd also promised to sit by Josh.

And then Grace had to crawl under the table again, as Josh slid down on the seat and I slid down on the seat so that I could be between them.

No Chinese firedrills in a restaurant, with all 6 of us and Pop on the end, you know.

So I'm sitting there and Josh says to me, "Mom, feel how soft my hands are," as he rubbed them on my right forearm back and forth.

"Wow, they are, Josh. Are you using lotion on them?"

"No," he said. "Ketchup."

...

Which reminds me of something else Josh said recently. I was taking his buddy home from a playdate, and a man on the sidewalk was shooing his kids out of my way. He wore a baseball cap and a t-shirt that said SHERIFF.

Josh said, "Sheriff? He can't be a sheriff."

Um, k? Why not?

"Don't sheriffs have bigger mus...taches?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

one time on the way to church (i don't know if i should share this) w, to alleviate the dryness of his hands, began licking his hands. GROSS. ~~ and to think he was going to shake hands with the Pastor and anybody else that would wander that way. GROSSER.
we now carry hand lotion in the car ~ at all times

geo

Grandpa-D. said...

I wonder whether W would lick my fingers to keep them soft? And, a real cop always has his donut nearby.