Anyhow, music sticks in my head long after I'm done listening to it. I'm sure that happens to you guys, too, right? Sometimes I don't even have to hear something to get a song stuck in my head ~ last night when I went to bed I had a song from my old Disco Mickey Mouse cassette circa 1979 stuck in my head - "Welcome to Rio."
Welcome, welcome to Rio!
Welcome, welcome to Ri-i-o!
Welcome, welcome to Rio!
The tropical hotspot, saludos amigos!
I could go on. But I won't.
So I was humming, singing softly, be-bopping around the kitchen the other day to the tune of "Don't Need Nothing But a Good Time" and Josh was watching me. That, of course, made me break into full voice:
Don't need nothing but a good time
How can I resist?
Ain't lookin for nothin but a good time...
and then I scooted up to Josh, shook my hips in a totally cornball way, and with great drama and a Vanna-esque showcasing of my body, I finished off
And it don't get better than this!
And Josh looked me up and down, looked straight in my eyes, and said somewhat sadly, "Really?"



4 comments:
What I think is even worse is when someone re-makes your favorite clasic tune into some more modern theme like rap or metalica. Seems those guys can't write for themselves. Let's see... Eany, meany, miney, mo.
somewhere out there it is said, there is nothing new under the sun.
i am beginning to believe it.
because of that moms are so smart they can sing the words to songs their children "just heard".
you go girl! shake that booty. [just be careful of what might happen if you shake it too hard.]
And he is still living? LOL
Reminds me of the time we were playing pool and you broke out singing, "Pour some sugar on me..I'm hot, sticky sweet. From my head down to my feet." I believe you danced then too! Hilarious! But not quite as funny as your moms "pig juice".
Post a Comment