I have returned.
At the moment, I am sitting here enjoying the silence. Most everyone is gone, the radio is turned off, and all I hear is the tapping of my keys and the birds singing outside in the rain through my new storm door/screen that my sister and beloved so sweetly installed for me this weekend.
I'm not sure what to do at the moment, actually. I started to respond to some e-mails. I started to update my Facebook page. I thought about doing some housework. (Notice I didn't say I started!) But no, I think I will just sit here for a few more moments and let the quiet sink in. Maybe it will work its way to my overstimulated brain and bring some calm.
What a summer we've had. Busy, busy, and we didn't really go anywhere! This year, everyone came to us. It was a blessing to have our family around for the past two months, but I have to admit, I'm tired. I am ready for a regular routine again.
Plus I eat way too much when we have family come. And we all know it's their fault.
Well, apparently the pizza has arrived, along with my boys. The silence will be broken for a bit... but I'll be back!
Tuesday, September 06, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
yay! i have missed you!
exciting times for you. a whole house of quiet!
enjoy.
I have missed keeping up with your family! Good to have you your blog back!
Post a Comment