Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 3:13, 14
It may be January 5th where you live, but to me, it's still somewhere around December 30th. I know we are nearly a week into the New Year, but I simply haven't made the time yet for introspection and reflection on the New Year. So for me, except for the part that my mom and sister are no longer here, and except for the part that I'd be expected to be awake until at least 12:01 a.m. tomorrow night, the New Year hasn't quite taken effect yet.
But it will. I am definitely a New Year's Resolution kind of girl, although I prefer, actually, to call it a time of reflection and goal-setting, rather than resolution-making. I am looking forward to, in the next couple of days, a time of self-evaluation, a time to seek the Lord on His direction for me for this coming year (and I have a few promptings already that have been swirling around in my heart), a time of planning, a time of re-grouping, and a time of re-prioritizing.
It's well needed.
I don't think that most people I know make resolutions. But I do. I look forward to taking a look at the year behind us, celebrating successes and joys, and objectively looking at some things that didn't work so well or need improvement.
How about you? Do you make list or a plan? Do you reflect on it at all, or do you do that throughout the year or perhaps even on a daily basis?
No matter what else ends up on the list, I do know this. The most important thing to do in 2012 is to do as Paul did: Press on, strain forward toward our Beloved, for the prize of that upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Thursday, January 05, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I think one of my resolutions will be to take those verses seriously.
Post a Comment