A few weeks ago I had one of those moments where I couldn't go back to sleep once I'd woken up in the middle of the night. Normally that happens when I've got something obsessing my mind - something that needs to be done, written down, prayed about... whatever. But this time, it was about geocaching. I got a hair up my derriere to go caching.
We haven't gone geocaching in almost a year and a half! We have made some great family memories caching the desert where we're from and lots of other places besides. We haven't done a whole lot since we've moved to Colorado, and nothing at all in the last 17 months.
Finally the planets aligned - the weather was right, none of the kids were home sick, and I had time - so Memaw and I set out last week to find some caches. We've found about 15 in the last several days. Today we took advantage of the last promised day of beautiful weather and found a new spot for us - the Big Thompson River trail.
Caching this trail might have been the highlight of my week. A beautiful, sunny day; gorgeous views; a hidden mural we didn't expect to find; exercise; time with my mom; scoring 3 cache finds: It all melded together to lift my mood, ease my tensions, and simply make my heart happy and light.
This beautiful relief mural was hidden under a bridge I've driven over thousands of times in the last 5 years. It's got some awesome effects and I'm looking forward to taking Ro and the kids back there soon.
A view from the trail. Are we really downtown?
Loved seeing this beauty! Wouldn't this make a beautiful jigsaw puzzle?
A neat spot for a potential future hide - Terabithia theme?
WHAT are these?
Team Wiggy over and out.








2 comments:
i think those are horsetail. they usually grow in bogs. not sure looking at the pic, it looks like it is very dry.
You are right, confirmed by 2 others - horsetail. Thanks!
Post a Comment