It's been awhile since I've had to be somewhere at a certain time based on the direction of another person.
I've gotten quite used to the freedom being a stay-at-home mom brings.
And while that is still my primary role, my kids are older and a little less needy, and staying at home isn't helping with the dream of us ever being out of debt. It's kind of time to move that dream a little closer to reality.
(Actually being debt-free is still just a dream. Right now we'd like to be caught up.)
So, hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to work I go.
And while working has kind of cramped my style, I realized yesterday that it also makes me feel kind of like a grown-up.
"I'm sorry, I can't come at that time. I have to work."
"Yes, I can pick up the milk on my way home from work."
"I need to go to bed now. Some of us have to get up and go to work in the morning."
It's a mixed bag of good and bad, this job I've got. Challenges and blessings. But it's where God has me for now, so I need to bloom where I'm planted. <-- a="" font="" had="" i="" once.="" said="" t-shirt="" that="">-->
If you would like to pray for me:
- I don't believe I am working with any other believers. Pray that if an opportunity to share the gospel comes my way, that I will recognize it and have the courage to act on it. Pray that I would shine like the sun (as I read today in Matthew 13) among these people.
- Pray that I don't screw up anyone's taxes!
- Pray that I will earn enough money to make a significant debt in the taxes we owe.
- And today in BSF we talked about praying for miracles. God IS big enough to take care of our financial problems in the wink of His eye, and yes, He still performs miracles. So... if you'd like, pray for a financial miracle. I would love to be financially free so that we could pursue some ministry desires... but it would take a miracle (or a lot of years of patience, which is fine, too).
Beth



No comments:
Post a Comment