Friday, January 08, 2016

Powerball's up to $800 million

(Cash value only $496 million.) 

Shall we dream? 
  • $200 million to Uncle Sam, I'm sure
  • $10 million to my local church
  • $50 million to other ministries, especially those who help the persecuted church
  • $10 million to my mom, dad, sister, and sister-in-law
  • $5 million to my bestest of friends (that's a short list and I'm not saying who)
  • $200k to put my kids through college
  • $250k - $1 million to put other loved ones through college / pay off student loans
  • $1 million to travel the world with my love
  • $250k - $500k to pay off our own debt, including mortgage, and buy a 2nd home somewhere
  • $whatever it takes to adopt a child or two in need
  • Heck, let's give $2 million to whoever reads and comments on this blog post in the next week!
Sheesh, that is less than half of the cash value.  I can't even imagine how I would begin to spend the rest.  I think it would be amazing to just bless people's socks off, people who have no expectation or other means... to walk down the street and hand a homeless vet $5000 to help him get back on his feet, or to pay someone's car repair bill or another's medical bills... to just browse the GoFundMe site for someone who strikes me and anonymously donate whatever they need...to not worry about how my own bills will be paid... I can only imagine.  But now, back to reality.

But first ~ where do I go buy a ticket?!

No comments: