While I was away from home, however, God still kept His calling close to my heart. (In fact, this morning, I woke up amazed at how quickly this all has unfolded. I kept expecting a block in the road or a door to close, but here we are...)
I crocheted on the plane on the flight to California while my seatmate watched a movie on her phone. I had taught a girl in our life group how to crochet a few weeks earlier and, having no current project going, decided to make an afghan for Charlie. It was a sweet time for me - I prayed as I crocheted, primarily for Charlie and everyone I could think of who is involved in his life.
I looked over at my seatmate's phone and realized she was watching The Blind Side. I saw the scene come up where they are doing a photo shoot for their Christmas card, and I couldn't help but smile, because, you know, The Blind Side is about this ordinary, regular family who takes in this kid who was neglected and had a drug-addicted mother and raised him as if he was there own. Nothing to relate to there. ;)
I'm not a hashtagger, and I'm sure I'm doing this all wrong, but I started calling these little jewels #dailyconfirmation.
I had been discouraged that week by the timeline we were given: certification and placement would be 60+ days after we completed our training (which finished 10/2). One of the things I began to ask God was that Charlie could be placed in our home by Thanksgiving, which happened to be his birthday, and honestly I knew it was a long shot. When I got to California, I heard from Robert that he had received a message from the county, offering to come to our home to do individualized training to speed up the process. Mind blown. #dailyconfirmation
And, if you've read another recent post, you already know that God has ANSWERED THIS PRAYER with 20 days to spare. Twenty days, people - nearly three weeks! We are *not* certified, but nearly (they expect it to be done in the next two weeks), and they are allowing Charlie to move in with us early. November 4th was Bring Yer Starfish Home Day!
Would you believe over that same weekend, God showed me a verse that I have read many times that I've never really "caught" before to give me another #dailyconfirmation? Oh, how I love the way He encourages me! Check this out:
God sets the lonely in families.
Psalm 68:6a NIV
Holy smokes. God, You amaze me!



No comments:
Post a Comment