Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Diving Right In...


Well, not exactly. I've never really been a dive-right-in kind of girl. I've always been the type to test the water first, moving in slowly, as if I have all the time in the world. Robert dives right in. I start with my toes, then step in, moving slowly down the steps until I'm eventually in as far as I want to go - which is, incidentally, rarely complete submersion.

And so it has been with this. I've been toying with the idea of blogging for some time now, always thinking in the back of my mind, "Yes, that would be something I'd like to share with people," but now that Ro has finally hooked me up here, I've sat back for the past few days just testing the waters (originally I typed tasting the waters - teehee).

Nor have I ever been the kind of girl who is comfortable with meeting people for the first time. I'm getting better at it, I think, but I still worry way too much what others will think of me. Yet another reason it's taken me several days to make my first post ~ I want to make just the right impression, you know. Who wants to leave a poor first impression? Some of us care more than others about that. I wish I didn't care quite so much.

And so there it is ~ my first post. It is here only because my ever-wise husband finally told me to "just do it," quit thinking and start writing. So thank you, Ro, for getting me here, for encouraging me, and for loving me.

And to the rest of you who may stumble upon this post: Welcome to my blog.

No comments: