Friday, March 20, 2009

Yes, I'm Alive

Although the past couple of weeks have been crazy busy! Busy, but great.

Here's what we've been up to.


After months of preparation, Christianne competed last Saturday at the State Spelling Bee. She didn't win, but she did much better than last year. It was a fun mother-daughter day at the Denver Convention Center. (Got the right location this time.)

While we were there, Joshua was competing in the Odyssey of the Mind competition in Berthoud, and Robert was a judge. His team took on a challenge about the Labors of Heracles and did an outstanding job. They also prepared for months and months, and took 3rd place. They advance to the State competition next month! We have no pictures, since we had to be in 80 places at once, but his pic was in the paper today (although I can't find it online).

Meanwhile, do you remember when Josh got 2nd place in the anti-smoking poster contest? We finally got the poster back, so here it is for your viewing pleasure.

And I don't want to leave out Miss Grace. That week leading up to the competitions was pure nuts around here, trying to prepare for them, get ready for our trip, hold and close parties for my unspecified business endeavor, and do all the regular things that take up so much time, like Bible studies, church commitments, chores, yada yada yada.

But Grace, who has always had the most wonderful timing (not) decided she wanted to be a big girl and potty train. Mind you, I've put panties on her a couple of times in the past and she showed no interest. And mind you, she's 6 months younger than both of her older siblings were when they potty trained. But SHE decided. I would have waited - we had a trip coming up after all. But Grace is also known for her stubbornness.

I have to say it has gone SO well. She is BY FAR easier to potty train than the other two. BY FAR. Did I say that? I could tell you some crappy stories (literally) about C and J... but Grace has done so great. We've had only one accident with #2 and only a few with #1. She's even done great on the trip and has slept through the night with no problems. I am impressed.

I don't say all that to brag on her - because really it's just amazement after the way it was with Chris and Josh, lol. I say it to lead up to the story about Grace going poo. First of all, she goes one piece at a time. Poo, wipe, flush, poo, wipe, flush, poo, wipe flush - all in one "sitting." I can't wait to see our water bills. But the best part is that she lets us know what she's made each time. I don't mean "poo". I mean, she has shown us:
  • a pine cone
  • a tree
  • a rocket ship
  • mean poop
  • happy poop
  • a leaf
  • a monster

I can't even remember them all. She shows them to us with great pride like it's the most natural thing in the world.

She might have even asked me a couple times what I was making.

But if you're still with me, I'll show you what else Grace has been up to:

She's crying because she's just been punished. She is a very, very stubborn little girl. Did I already say that? Don't you remember this from just a few days ago? She doesn't always learn after the first wave of discipline.

(And yes, that's how I work - "You have to be punished for being naughty - and now stand still so I can take a picture for my blog and your scrapbook.")

Oh, what is it, you ask?

Black nail polish.

That was fun to clean off her face.

I'll tell you more about our trip tomorrow...

xoxo

No comments: