I'm tired tonight, missing my men, enjoying the quiet for a few minutes before heading off to bed myself. The girls are both asleep, Chris having put Grace to bed while I was at my unspecified business endeavor meeting. I'd expected she'd keep her up until I got home, but instead was surprised by her maturity - and Grace's willingness to go to bed for her big sister.
We haven't done much special, just us girls, except for the shakes and sleepover last night. Today has been busy with chores and errands and getting ready for our Christianne to start school tomorrow. One more year and then high school. Yikes, they grow up sooo stinking fast. It's such a cliche but so true - blink and you miss it - it goes by too fast.
Unfortunately, Chris isn't too eager to begin school. She always has been fairly excited about it in the past. Maybe she's just getting older. Maybe she's apprehensive about her "enemy" being on her team. Maybe she's uptight about some of the situations possibly continuing from last year. I'm not sure... but I love the start of school, even though it's been years since I've been a student myself. Like the New Year, it's a time for fresh starts and evaluation and goals and - best of all - new supplies! :) But if you think of her tomorrow, will you say a prayer for her to enjoy her new team and eighth grade?
Our men return tomorrow sometime, and Josh starts 5th grade on Wednesday ~ also the oldest grade in his school like Christianne. The biggest dilemma in our life with him right now is how to get him to think he really wants his hair cut. :)
Going to catch some zzz's...
xoxo
Monday, August 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
There were a few that I went to school with that I didn't like, for what ever the reason. But I didn't consider them, or call them "enemies." Is this just a change in times?
Post a Comment