Tuesday, August 04, 2009

They Crack Me Up

For whatever reason (I'm sure someone will explain it to me), there seem to be more windshields here in Coli than there were in Cali that have chips or cracks in them. In fact, we haven't had a chip in our windshield in years, but it didn't take long for Ro to get a chip and then a crack in his car and mine got chipped last February.

(There are also lots of places here that fix rock chips - for free?)

So the other day we were headed up to FoCo and Christianne commented regarding a nearby car, "Look at the crack in his glass!"

Only I didn't know she was talking about a car and I didn't hear the first consonant sound on that last word.

I was shocked that my daughter would say such a thing! I finally realized what she actually said and laughed and laughed. "That wasn't what I heard!"

And Grace piped up, "Look at the crack on my BUTT!"

Not to be excluded, Josh chimed in: "Mom. I need a new butt! Mine is cracked!"

~~~~~
On another note, Christianne asked how long we've been married. Nearly 17 years, I told her.

"17 years! That's longer than I've been alive!"

Ahem. Yes, dear. That is the way it's supposed to work!

~~~~~
Finally, Josh just came in here and said, "Mom, remember when we went to B&W?"

Huh? BMW? No, never been there. B&W? Wha'?

He asked again and it dawned on me: "Ohhhh... A&W?"

His face fell. "Oh. I was just thinking how cool it was that it was your initials. But it's not."

6 comments:

Dad said...

Bet you will be glad when school starts.

geo said...

roflmao

thats FUNNY!!!

btw..check the laws in your state. i was just talking to someone who has done a lot of time on the east coast in CT and more time WI where she claims the state pays for windshield repair. i have never heard of a thing like that, but you might want to check into it. i think it may be a liability for the sanding they do in the winter time.... [shrugging shoulders]

Beth said...

324 hours until Christianne starts and 348 for Joshua.

Not that I'm counting or anything.

Geo: A friend said that it's just something that insurance companies pay for out here, and it's not applied to your deductible. Sounds weird to me, too, but yeah, I'm going to make some phone calls.

wshotshot said...

Kids do say "the darndest things!"
Love it!! Love you!

Jennifer said...

Hahaha! Whenever my mom (from CA) would come to visit we had a crack in our windshield. She'd make some comment about it and I'd just tell her that everyone in CO has a crack in their windshield. It's just normal. And why bother fixing it when you know it's just gonna crack again?!

Christi said...

I think all the cracks are there because of hail. :)