Friday, September 18, 2009

Settling In

I'll try to snap some pics of our new boarder sometime soon.

Pop is settling in quite nicely. Hard to believe he's been here two full weeks now. We've settled into a good routine, I think, and he seems to be adapting well. I finally got in touch with his AV doctor's office for some prescriptions, finally got the ball rolling to change over his insurance, finally got the DirecTV stuff straightened out, and even got MLB Extra Innings so he can still watch his Dodgers and Angels here.

This week he's gotten out with me more and he seems to be doing well with his walking. He went to Storytime, Sam's, and WalMart with me on Wednesday and today we went to WalMart again and got him some new shoes.

I think he's enjoying the activity here and the food, although I promise I'm not making anything fancy. Tonight we had mac and cheese and it wasn't even the good brand! :) But he hasn't complained (yet!).

The Wigglies have completed about a month of school already. That's so hard to believe. They are both off to a strong start, and that's especially positive for Chris with some of the challenges we had last year. She also re-joined the youth group at church and has really be enjoying that. Joshua's school is trying to start Spelling Bee and Chess Club this year, in addition to continuing the OM competitions he's participated in the past two years. Christianne's school also restarted the Christian Club LOCKER and she's doing Wildcat Cuisine (a cooking club) again as well.

The only bummer is that in mixing with all the people they have, Christianne brought home a cold and lovingly shared it with her siblings. Praying that Pop stays healthy with it...

And one more prayer request - Pop's house is still in escrow. It was supposed to have closed 10 days ago. There aren't any problems - FHA is just slow with the paperwork, but if you'd pray for it to close soon, we'd appreciate it. We don't want the house to sit empty forever.

Gotta go tune in the Angel game for Pop.

xoxo

4 comments:

geo said...

don't tucker him out!! and maybe he will want to cook some mac n cheese ala' pop's.

Grandpa-D. said...

Glad for Pop. We enjoyed our time with him.

wshotshot said...

Praying Pop does not get the cold and glad he is settling in nicer. Tell him hi and that we miss him!!

Anonymous said...

Hurray for OM!!!




p.s I like pudding!!!