Thursday, January 07, 2010

90!

My grandpa turns 90 in February! Isn't that amazing? Can you imagine living before internet, TV, indoor plumbing, freeways and cell phones, modern conveniences, and even electric blankets?!

Well, here's the thing. I went and took him away from all of his friends and some of his family and brought him to live with us here in Colorado. He doesn't know enough people yet here to make a big birthday party worthwhile.

But I still want to do something big for him!

So I need your help:

If you know my grandfather, would you take a few moments to write him a note or a letter for his birthday? Perhaps you'd share a memory, a funny story, any impact he's had on your life, or just a blessing or wish for him. If you can include a picture of yourself, that would be supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. I would love to put all these letters and pictures together in a scrapbook and present it to him on his birthday.

Will you help? If so,
  • please write your message on a piece of paper or stationery - not a card, please - hard to scrapbook those,
  • include a picture of you if you would,
  • and send them to me by February 1st so that I have time to assemble everything before his birthday on the 11th.
Wouldn't it be awesome if I got 90 letters for him?!?!

Thanks!

5 comments:

geo said...

this sounds like an excellent idea!

wshotshot said...

Great Idea! I will get on it ASAP!

Beth said...

Thanks. I sent out an e-mail, too – Wanda, could you help me spread the word among the Sonrise folk? The more the better – even like Daniel, Christina, and Melissa if they’d like to write.

Nanamyhan said...

Hey Beth, Denny and I are "ALL OVER IT". Getting it off to you soon.

Unknown said...

This sounds so fun. I'm sure he will just love the thoughts, pictures and anything else that brings back memories of his life..