Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Whaddup?

I think I lost a whole week somehow.

~~~
Today would be Kyle's birthday. I miss him. Gosh, I miss him.

~~~
Our Miss Grace continues to delight and entertain us.

She has been trying to fly. One day last week I was almost certain she'd broken her nose by trying to fly off a chair and hitting her face against some furniture. Thought she learned her lesson, but the next night she tried flying off our bed, which is almost twice as tall as the chair. Hmmm...

Have you ever seen Miss Congeniality? Mom and Deb often call my little one "Gracie Lou Freebush"... just a nickname, you know? I never thought it was a problem until yesterday.

On our way to Fort Collins I decided to start teaching Grace her phone number. I put a little melody with it and sure enough, she learned it in about half an hour. So I told her that sometime, if she's ever lost, she could find a police officer or a teacher and they would help her get back to me if she knew her phone number. I said, "Grace, let's practice. I'll be the police officer." She agreed, so I began:

"Hello, little girl... are you lost?"

"Yes," she said meekly.

"Well then, little girl, what is your name?"

"Gracie Lou Freebush."

So, on the way home from Fort Collins I had to teach Grace her real last name, which of course she really knows but obviously there's some confusion.

~~~
I feel so behind. We're already in the back half of January and I can't even find my desk, let alone my calendar, my lists, my brain. One goal I want to accomplish this week, however, is to get the prayer blog current again. There are many needs... so I hope you'll join with me. To start with, please be lifting up Joshua's friend T and one of my former youth kids, Colleen - both have significant health issues. More info to follow, hopefully...

xoxo
b.

3 comments:

wshotshot said...

I miss Kyle too! I was just thinking about him earlier today. Some things we will just never understand this side of heaven.

Anonymous said...

when i was little, i really, truly, thought i could fly. i remember being at aunt e's house. the girls had a bunk bed where the top bunk was perpindicular to the bottom bunk. so, when i "flew" off the top, i nailed my forehead on the foot of the bottom bunk. i STILL have a bump on my forehead...and it tingles/burns occasionally (not sure about that one). butt looks it how smart me turnt out :o)

aap

Beth said...

Pretty stinkin' funny, Ams. :)