Recently I went ahead and bought the Shark steam pocket mop. I don't know if it's any easier per se than a regular mop with the exception of not having to return back and forth to the bucket or sink of ever-increasingly dirty water, but it's certainly more fun, and we had pretty good results with it over all. (It just mops, though; it does not do anything for the grout.)
But then, based on the testimonials of a few friends, I bit the bullet and bought the Shark handheld steam cleaner, primarily to try on my grout, but it also works for a kazillion (I counted) other chores.
I knew that steam is a fantastic cleaner (do you already know about cleaning your microwave with the steam from a coffee cup of water?) so this Shark has always intrigued me. Since I got excited reviews by three different friends, I went ahead and got it. One of the things that impresses me is that you can also use it to steam your garments and do a lot of other cleaning. Just like I say with my unspecified business endeavor tools, versatility adds value to a product.
But I digress. I know you want to know about my grout. Here you go. The left side is un-Sharked, and the right has been Sharked. What do you think?!
It still isn't perfect but it is so, so, so much better than it's ever looked. The down side is that I'm too old and fat to be on my hands and knees doing this very often - all of our kitchen, eating area, dining room, and front receiving room are tiled like this, so I still have many hours ahead of me to clean the grout. But no pain, no gain, right? I think I've heard that before somewhere.
And the other downside is that I now check the filthiness of the grout everywhere I go. Except in my friends' homes, of course. But like at stores, in public restrooms - yuck. I keep thinking their maintenance people need to Shark their tile. But yeah, I struggle sometimes with believing that what's good for me is best for everybody.
But that's another post for another day.



6 comments:
I want one of those too!
I had never heard of one. But, now I am interested.
i have a shark vacuum cleaner. once the clog was cleared from it, its got suck that wont quit. i am vacuum cleaner specialist ~ i take them apart clean them re-belt them, and of course, cuss them. but you can not live without them. even w/ wood floors.....
the grout cleaned up pretty good...i would put in new grout, but when you do,,,,use a color that wont show the dirt (as badly)
do not run your fingernail in the grout anywhere than in your own home!!! nasty!!!
geo
WOW! That is cool! How much do one of those cost?
Mine was in the $60 range, though Jessica found hers on clearance for $40. Some I think are $80 and have more accessories. You might try checking Bed, Bath, & Beyond with one of their cool coupons... or shopping around.
Mine was in the $60 range, though Jessica found hers on clearance for $40. Some I think are $80 and have more accessories. You might try checking Bed, Bath, & Beyond with one of their cool coupons... or shopping around.
Post a Comment