Monday, August 02, 2010

Happy Monday

Well, family and friends, I've made a decision.  A decision that many of you will think is stupid.  Some of you will think I'm weak.  Or a quitter.  Or whatever.  But you know what? Whatever!  Because it's taken just a little bit of load off my shoulders to not have to obsess over one more thing.

I can't pursue the weight / diet thing right now.  I will try again when the kids start school in two weeks.  Then I will be back into a routine of sorts and I won't be running from one thing to another all day long.  It's just too much right now and I feel like all I'm losing is my mind. 

On another note, Ro and Josh are off at Man Camp for a couple of days.  I miss my men already - and they forgot a couple of the men here - Pop and Wookiee!  I hope and pray they are having a wonderful, relaxing time, and that they are creating many wonderful memories.

We had also planned a family trip to Mt. Rushmore for later in the week... until I finally clued in that Sturgis will be starting at the same time.  Not only would we have to deal with the whole motorcycle culture (which isn't that big of a deal to me), but all the lodging prices are way inflated for the next week and a half.  No thanks.

We've decided instead to explore some more of Colorado.  We are headed to Canon City to relax and just hang out and be a family and explore the Royal Gorge, a mini Grand Canyon if you will.  I'm really looking forward to it.  I'm just not looking forward to the days leading up to it.  Lots of to-do's on my list: cleaning, laundry, planning, caregiving, gymnastics, band, more laundry and cleaning, and yada yada yada.  Oh for some Calgon...

Today (or perhaps tomorrow), we're expecting a visitor from the Idaho kin... Dan is supposed to come by.  I think he said Tuesday the 2nd, so since today is the 2nd but tomorrow is Tuesday I'm a little confused.  As usual.  But no biggie... doesn't change the course of the chores for me one bit.

Alas, the buzzer sounds calling me to new adventures in laundry folding...

No comments: