Saturday, November 27, 2010

Hallelujah!

Yesterday when I was blogging and watching the YouTube videos I posted, I couldn't help but choke up some and I admit I needed to wipe a tear or two from my eyes.  Couldn't quite figure out why.  Today I took the time to look at the lyrics that have always been tough for me to decipher (except for the hallelujah part!).  What a beautiful, God-glorifying piece of music.  I hope you'll take a few to contemplate the words.

By the way, hallelujah means "an exclamation of praise to God."


Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

For the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
For the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

The kingdom of this world
Is become the kingdom of our Lord,
And of His Christ, and of His Christ;
And He shall reign for ever and ever,
For ever and ever, forever and ever,

King of kings, and Lord of lords,
King of kings, and Lord of lords,
And Lord of lords,
And He shall reign,
And He shall reign forever and ever,
King of kings, forever and ever,
And Lord of lords,


Hallelujah! Hallelujah!


And He shall reign forever and ever,
King of kings! and Lord of lords!
And He shall reign forever and ever,
King of kings! and Lord of lords!


Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
Hallelujah!

1 comment:

geo said...

i love your post of the videos they were so dramatic when i first saw them, i sent them on to our music director (my boss) and suggested we (our choir, not me) pull it off. unfortunately, there is no place in town that offers the sound quality as in the malls pictured....other than our new chapel. and there...we are doing some EXCITING BEAUTIFUL music. you literally can see the sound rising to heaven. i love it. and i even sing...cause everyone is singing you can't hear just me (Thank you God for allowing me to sing to you .....and no one else) i see these videos and can only imagine days in heaven. thank you for sharing them.