That's the number swirling in my head today: five thousand, five hundred forty. My fourth grade teacher always, always, always told us to leave out the "and" when spelling out or reading out numbers. She said the more educated, more intelligent way is to leave it out. Did it make me sound more intelligent and more educated? Hmmm.
Yesterday the number was 21. I took my beautiful firstborn shopping for her first homecoming dress and we scored with a gorgeous one - for just $21. It was originally $80. Thank you, Kohl's.
A couple of days ago the number was 98. That's the amount of money I need to send to my county for faithfully protecting and serving its citizens by ridding the streets of speeding housewives.
Shortly I hope it will be 15. But I probably won't see it because apparently Coach doesn't like our boy Tebow and he will likely sit the bench.
But no, the number in my head today is 5540. I can't quite get over it. It's bigger than the elevation of our nearby Mile-High City.
5540.
I tell you, everytime I think we're going to finally get ahead in this lfe, something else happens. Today 5540 happened with our first trip to the orthodontist.
$5540.
That's $230 a month over the next two years, not including interest.
Almost $198 a tooth.
He's worth it, though, right?
Right?
Right.
Thanking the Lord though that so far it's just Joshua. Christianne, it seems, does not need any orthodontia. Grace, of course, is too young to evaluate for that. (I figure about the time we get Joshua's head - I mean teeth - straightened out, we'll be ready to pay for Grace.)
Christianne, too, is thankful, although she could care less about the cost. She's more concerned about how it would interfere with her trumpet.
Right.
And just a wee note, a wee off-topic - I hope the Broncos shatter the Raiders.
Monday, September 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
1828 that is 18 28. the minutes left before i get to go home.
okay i can hang with leaving out the "and" and sounding smarter... another tip to hang on is this:
when stating your phone number 123-4567
say
1,2,3...4,5,6,7
it is NOT
1,2...3,4...5,6,..7.
NOR is it
1,2,3...45...67
you do that,,,you need to go back to your old country.
Post a Comment