Friday, January 04, 2008

Pray for Renee

I saw an eagle today, flying over us as we drove home from Longmont.

Later I saw a woman in a mini skirt and bare legs shoveling snow.

It's been a balmy 53 degrees here today. The ice that has been packed on the streets of our neighborhood since Thanksgiving quickly melted away, in just one day. No need for a jacket really, especially in the sun. The skies are clear and blue.

Still about a dozen ice fishermen on Lake Loveland, though.

~~~~~
Before Thanksgiving, when Mom and Deb were out here before, we were driving home and I turned down the wrong county road (or failed to turn off it, whatever). No big deal ~ always neat to explore new areas, check out the lakes and the homes and such. As we passed one large home near a lake, a large sign made with a Sharpie marker and cardboard was duct taped over their mailbox. It read: PRAY FOR RENEE.

It honestly left quite an impression. I wondered about the people who made that sign, and how desperate their situation must be to scrawl a big sign like that for anyone and everyone to see, seeking the prayers of strangers on behalf of Renee. I couldn't help wondering about Renee: is she sick? lost? in rebellion? broken? desperate? So many heart-breaking reasons drive you to your knees in prayer for the people we love.

I don't know her story, Renee, but we prayed for her that night ~ all of us. And nearly every night since, my kids have remembered her in our family prayer time before bed.

When Deb and Mom came out again in December, we drove down that county road, and the sign is still there. We got a little card and signed it, letting them know we've been praying for Renee and her family, praying now for over six weeks... put it in the mail today. I just hope it brings them some encouragement, knowing that there are people praying as a result of that sign.

~~~~~
Well I'm disappointed to report to you that although I bought the correct cocoa, used whole milk, did not boil, and followed the recipe to the tee... I didn't like the cocoa much. :( After all that, even. I guess I'll stick to the envelopes. Thank you, though, those of you who tried to help me.

I did make some most excellent butter cookies for my sister, mom, and grandpa, though, if I do say so myself. :) Easy recipe from The Pampered Chef. I should make some for my lovely new doctor next week ~ she has been really good to us.

~~~~~
Grace won't nap. She slept yesterday twice for 30 minutes each. This morning she wouldn't sleep at all on her first nap, dozed about 20 minutes in the car, and then, when I put her down just before sitting here to blog, she's lain in there fussing. Guess I should go get her up, but she doesn't understand that I need her to nap as much as she needs it! :)

Prayer Needs:
  • Renee
  • Ro, Grace, and I have colds, as does Deb
  • W's job
  • J's roommate situation

Praises:

  • Most wonderful visit w/my family for Christmas, and they all arrived home safely yesterday evening

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do a search on renee loveland co. got a number of hits...interesting
prayers are with her : )