Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Wednesday Wednesday

We got some snow today. It actually surprised me because it didn't seem that cold out, and since my peeps left last week almost all of our snow has melted off. We have one small patch, maybe about 12" square, on our front lawn, and about 2/3 of the snow is gone in the back. So when I grabbed Grace to go pick up the kids from school, I was surprised to open the garage door and see it falling - the big, fluffy, peaceful flakes that I find incredibly beautiful.

Didn't last long, though. By the time I'd picked up Josh, it was mostly over. Nothing stuck on the ground. It was pretty, though.

~~~~~
Chris is going to the district spelling bee on the 26th. :) I'm pretty excited for her. She was supposed to try out yesterday. Her school is taking the top 10 spellers to the district. The only thing is, there were only 5 kids who showed up! I know Chris is a strong speller, though, so we're excited about the approaching bee. Have you ever seen Akeelah and the Bee? Great movie.

J, meanwhile, is still busy with his OM project. His competition is coming up quickly as well - March 1st. He gave a dinosaur presentation in his GT class today and was so excited about how well it went when I picked him up after school. It's a cool thing when they're excited about special academic projects like these.

And Miss G... she's fine. Still got a runny nose and wild hair, but she's doing well. She loves to dance and starts bouncin' whenever she hears a melody it seems. Yesterday we had a conversation: She saw Deb's picture on the computer. "Dobby!" she exclaimed. "Yes," I said. "Do you miss her?" And then it sounded like Grace said, "Yes. I don't know where she is." Both sweet and sad at the same time, huh?

No comments: