Thursday, February 28, 2008

Blahg

It's a balmy 61 degrees this afternoon. Winter's almost over, and spring is on the way, although I was told by my neighbor a couple of days ago to not get my hopes up - that we still have March before spring really comes to northern Colorado. But still, we survived it, our first winter as northern CO transplants from southern CA. We did it, and it wasn't even that bad. :)

I'm proud to announce that Josh was elected Student Council Representative for his classroom this week for the remainder of the school year. He was pretty jazzed, as am I. Both of the kids seem to be doing so well here in CO. I know there are things that they miss about CA - mostly friends and family - but over all, they're doing great.

I just realized I said "both of the kids," like I have only two. For some reason (probably the age difference) I've noticed that I tend to refer to Chris and Josh as "the kids" when I'm talking about them; I talk about them as a set, but Grace separately. It's always "the kids" and "Grace," like she's in a different category. I don't know why, but it's true, that's how I do it.

Other than that, this week has just been kind of... blah. Ro has been really sick and had to miss a couple of days at work. That's kind of sucked, because obviously the people at work aren't too happy he's out. But even sick, I've enjoyed spending the extra time with him. Mostly we just chillax'd (yep, a new word I learned surfing the net), and caught a couple more episodes of 24.

Wanted to say thanks to those of you who donated to the American Heart Association on behalf of Josh's participation in the Jump Rope for Heart. He's actually raised more than twice his goal, so we're pretty happy about that. (If you haven't donated and still would like to, today's the last day for J's personal participation in it.)

Lastly, I did sign up for the Bunko night tomorrow. I spoke to my neighbor and she cheerfully encouraged me to go, and is even going with me! So at least I won't know no one. Anyone play Bunko before? I'm kind of hoping it's like craps. I do love me some craps. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah them wiggin kids....they are sooooome thang!!! way to go, you guys!
bunko how exciting .... but you do get to roll dice and get prizes.
enjoy!