Thursday, March 13, 2008

I Know You've Been Wondering...

... today was the first normal diaper Grace has had in 14 days. I am so relieved. I sure wasn't looking forward to a long drive with a baby who explodes her diapers and pants every couple of hours. Hopefully, we're good to go now. Thanks for praying!

Well, yesterday gas prices at my local station tipped the $3 mark - $3.01. Sure not looking forward to the rising prices as we head west!

Ro and I are a little anxious about our drive tonight. Tonight is the worst part, crossing the Rockies and going through Vail (we *think* that's the highest, or near highest, elevation we'll be traveling). If we stay on track and don't have any problems, we should make it to Grand Junction by 10p.m. -- however, there is a winter storm warning in effect, which could make travel "difficult or impossible," according to the weather service. They are expecting 12 to 24 inches of snow this evening. PRAYERS ARE GREATLY, GREATLY APPRECIATED! I am on a quest this morning to find us some snow chains! :(

If we're able to get there, we'll be driving to Grand Junction tonight, then leaving early tomorrow morning to drive the rest of the way through. The kids are so excited... Even Grace went out to the car this morning saying, "Go to Cowl! Go to Cowl!" :)

Please pray for us as you think of us. Tonight should be the worst part of the drive... but prayers for our safe journey in its entirety are coveted. Thanks.

I'll try to blog over this next week as I'm able / have access to a computer. Love you all...

b.

No comments: