And then I had about 4 more boxes up here (loft) that we moved down to the basement... electronics and things... I just don't know if we're ever going to get unpacked. We've only lived here, you know, 6 1/2 months now. Part of the problem is that for as much space as we have here in this house, there isn't a lot of storage in terms of cabinets and such. In fact, upstairs there are *no* cabinets for linens and towels! So the stuff we've needed are just piled in closets for the moment until I can get a cabinet or armoire of some sort, but the rest is just in boxes. Same with all the boxes of games and craft stuff down in the basement - I need cabinets.
If I could just go drop some $ on cabinets, then at least I could finish unpacking. Or at least I'd have no more excuses. ;P There'd still be a lot to do - we need furniture in some spots, etc. - but the unpacking might get done. We need cabinets in the upstairs and basement, and probably a bookcase for Grace's room. But you know, all that costs $, so we have to do a little at a time. Even buying "budget" stuff... it's going to take awhile.
Anyway... on a kidlet note... Grace has been saying prayers with us this week. She's always sat there at the table as we prayed, but we've been letting her pray, leading her phrase by phrase. And she's usually in bed when we pray with the kids at night, but sometimes she's still up. Like last night... and we asked, "Grace, do you want to pray?" She said yes, and we didn't jump on it quick enough. She started yelling, "I want to PRAY! I want to PRAY!" with such an angry face!
She's really embraced this stage where she wants what she wants and she wants it now, can you tell? :) Yesterday I asked if she wanted lunch, and she said, "Not yet." Then after a while it was, "I'm hungry NOW!" "Now" is becoming one of her favorite words. Which, after 3 kids, makes me go even slower in accommodating her. :) Really, no one likes to be told what to do - especially by a kid who is not even 2.
The other two are getting pretty excited for our upcoming road trip to Cali for Nathan's and Jamie's wedding. :) Actually we all are, I guess... except Grace. LOL I just hope we have good weather crossing the mountains on the 70. It's been absolutely beautiful here the past few days... it would just figure we'd get ugly weather for the drive. Oh well, we'll just take it as it comes, family bonding and all. :) Actually even worse than the possibility of bad weather is the possibility that Grace won't be over this poopy garbage. :(
Prayer, please:
- Safe trip for us - leaving Thursday evening
- Grace to get over her yuckies
- W - health concerns
- N - relationship struggles
- CD - loss of husband recently (lost daughter 2 years ago)
- Talena - healthy pregnancy
- our church - God's direction and provision on new building
- Nathan and Jamie - beginning a new life as one! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment