Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Just Add Water

Yesterday, Miss Grace played happily in the bathtub for nearly two hours.

She did this same thing a couple other times this past week.

(Is this bad parenting? I keep wondering, but I can't really think of a reason why. She is supervised, playing (rather than watching TV), and enjoying herself. Yes her skin is wrinkled, but...? Is it different from letting her go swimming? If not, then why do I feel slightly guilty?)

Today she didn't bother with the whole get naked / remove diaper / add water routine. She just took care of the essentials herself.

Today she probably spent well over an hour playing in the tub with her toys.

I know *I* enjoyed it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope it's not bad parenting. I know when Kayleigh is getting on my last nerve I put her in the bath. She hasn't tried the no water and clothes on method though. Hmmm...

Anonymous said...

So, funny you should bring up the love of playing in the tub today. I just found Kayleigh naked in my bathroom sink with the water running and overflowing. And she says, "Look Mommy, I'm swimming!" Apparently it's time for some playtime in the bath!

Dad said...

I had a cat that loved to curl up into an empty sink bowl. That's kinda the same isn't it?

geo said...

when i get on my last nerve i get in the bath tub.

Anonymous said...

I'm with geo I put myself in the bath when I get on my last nerve.