I'm annoyed.
Whenever Grace falls asleep, even if only for a few minutes, like say in the car on the way home from an errand... she will *not* take a nap later.
And when she does not nap, she is crabby.
And that makes me crabby.
So that's our day today - crabby.
There hasn't been a whole lot of news on this front so I thought I would just update you with little tidbits on what's been going on.
My Ro is in his third week of his new job. We are adjusting to the fact that he has to drive more. Right now it's just a little bit more of a commute for him, but there will be times that he will have to drive even more - to the southern regions of Colorado - and travel even out of state. It shouldn't be all the time, so we'll have to see how it goes.
That said, he is really enjoying the job itself. It is quite different from what he has done for the past bazillion years. He teaches and has meetings and designs training things... it's all very exciting. :)
My Nina - what Grace calls Christianne - is preparing again for the spelling bee. She hasn't studied much, to be honest, up until the past week or so, but I'm really impressed with her every time she studies with me. Smart cookie. She is doing well in school and such and still struggles from time to time with the drama that comes with friends and girls and junior high. I wish she would find a friend, a really special friend, that is just there for you all the time. I didn't find Kathy until 9th grade, though, so... I just wish she would connect with someone like that. She's still loving her trumpet, too.
My Josh - I got the calendars yesterday which showed his artwork for the anti-drug contest through the Elks Lodge (sorry, I can't find the related post to link to right now). Josh is also preparing again for this year's Odyssey of the Mind (ditto) and doing a lot of writing now as well. His teacher submitted a story of his to a Colorado young writer's contest - he got a participation certificate in the mail last week.
Both Josh and Christianne are very creative and artistic.
And then we have Grace. I think her name means, "The One Who Makes Me Tired." :) She is such a card but wow... she's just non-stop. She's a little mad at me right now because I took away the TV as a consequence for not napping (yeah, big punishment to make your kids use their imaginations, right?), and she just said, "You made Gracie very, very sad!"
I think she'll get over it soon. Probably in about 5 minutes.
Me - what can I say? I need to get off here and go catch up with my Little Women reading. I'm way behind Chris and we've already postponed our bookclub meetings.
But first I have to clean up the drink Grace just spilled all over my desk. Hmmm...
PS - Don't forget to pop over to the prayer blog. David is having surgery tomorrow. Thanks!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Sure would like a calendar.
why would you need a calendar. they are for people that have to balance their schedule. you don't have a schedule.
i think there may be a link between good kids and the parents that influence them.
we need more blog!!!1
Post a Comment