Friday, February 06, 2009

I Figured Something Out, and Good Eats

So, one of the problems I do have with my unspecified business endeavor is carving out time to get things done during the day while Miss Grace is usually running around behind me un-doing everything I do. Sure, I can work during her nap, and sometimes I do, but I actually really cherish that time to be able to do other things - a lot of times even other unfun things.

But yesterday, I had, as Grace says, a super idea! I put her in the tub! She played happily while I was able to work and make a lot of phone calls! It was great. She was happy, I was happy, my unspecified business customers were happy... it's all good!

Speaking of which... let me just put this out there... I took some time off from my unspecified business endeavor and now I am finding myself in the pickle of needing about $185 more in orders before the end of the month, or I go inactive. That's not a horrible thing, but I would lose my recruit and my career sales would start all over again (and I'm more than halfway to the point where I would get a 2% raise). So ~ if there's anything you need, or if you'd be interested in sharing a catalog or six with family and friends, please e-mail me and we can work out all the details! Thanks!

So, I just recently finished reading The Hunt Club by John L'Escroart. I loved the story - it was great, but I was intrigued by one scene in which the protagonist's character makes him dinner that he just raved over. It was a simple dish called spaghetti carbonara, and the details in the book made it sound delish!

Have you ever had it?

Well, Google is my friend (aren't we amazingly blessed to have many of life's answers literally right at our fingertips?), and I found this recipe for it and made it last night. (If you Google it there are dozens of options!) Oh my... this was yummilicious, simple, fast, and filling. I loved it.

Does anyone else make this? I'd never even heard of it until this book.

4 comments:

Dad said...

Are you kidding? My Great Grandpa actually inventented spaghetti carbonara. Well, at least the spaghetti part. Until then, there was only linguini and penne pastas, but I guess there could have been Carbonara Linguini dishes too.

geo said...

the real question is ~ do different pasta's have their own unique flavor. Personally, they all taste the same to me.

Beth said...

I think they all taste the same as well. All that makes them different is what you put on 'em.

Anonymous said...

I have heard of it but never knew exactly what it was nor did I try it. It does sound good though and I will have to try it...I am always looking for something new to cook! THANKS for the recipe!