Friday, March 27, 2009

It's a Bright, Sunny Day-ay-ay

My kids will get on a kick and sing that line over and over and over sometimes. I hate it; it drives me up the wall, but it is in my head today, because it is. A bright, sunny day-ay-ay, that is.

Notice I didn't say warm. That's because it's only about 12 degrees. But it's warm inside, where I sit, looking out the window at the bright, sunny day-ay-ay, eating last night's stroganoff for breakfast. I'm watching one neighbor shovel his driveway. The man next door to him has not come out to shovel his grass yet. Yes, that's right; he shovels the snow off his grass. I haven't quite figured that one out yet.

My kids are enjoying their first full snow day from school in front of the TV. I don't mind so much because it's given me a reprieve from Grace's clinginess lately. Since they came home early yesterday my plans for a movie and scrapping were interrupted, with all the excitement and anxiousness of the storm. Today, though, things have calmed down... so we'll see.

Ro left work yesterday at 11:40. It is normally just over an hour drive. He got home at 2:45. He said it was really hairy... inching along in white-out conditions for much of the drive. There were a number of accidents all over the place. He really shouldn't have driven in those conditions but I'm glad he made it home.

Unfortunately, today being a bright, sunny day-ay-ay and all, he had to go to work this morning. :( The roads are still slick and icy though and it took him an hour longer to get there. Hopefully by the time he leaves this afternoon it'll be improved some.

May your day-ay-ay be bright and sunny as well.

xoxo

PS: And please pray for Stellan. :)

2 comments:

Dad said...

Well, it's a bright, sunny day-ay-ay here too. But 500 percent warmer. Save that rope for next time.

geo said...

we too had a sunny day ay ay an 80* one at that!....and if i had that rope i would have found a tree and made a rope swing.

guess i'll skip over to The Dock and sit for a while.