(I said that to Chris this morning and she said, "Is she okay?!?" LOL)
Otherwise titled: Road to Recovery
So, I saw a chiro on Tuesday and I was optimistic, but by Wednesday the problem was worse, so I decided to go ahead and see my MD. I got a big shot in the butt of an anti-inflammatory called Toradol and got X-rays. Thankfully, nothing is wrong with my disks or spine or anything. X-rays were tough for me - painful to lay completely flat and to also turn over, but by the time I got back to the room I could feel my back sort of loosening up.
My beloved doctor sent me home with other anti-inflammatories and a different muscle relaxant. I took them both at bedtime and got up this morning... and I feel SO much better. The pain is still there but the stiffness is almost completely gone. I can stand up straight for the first time in 6 days, and I can walk like a nearly-40-year-old woman rather than the 90-year-old with a broomstick up her butt that I was impersonating all week.
Blessed relief.
I can tolerate the pain. I think it will improve as my back continues to heal. For now... I just can't tell you what a blessed relief it is to be able to walk upright like a human being, to wipe my own butt (okay no one had to wipe my butt but now I can do a much better job of it!), to be able to tie my shoes.
Thank you all for praying for me. :) I appreciate it so much!
For you... I have a chuckle:
Lately one one of the kids' channels they have been heavily promoting the addition of JACK BLACK to the Yo Gabba Gabba cast.
(I realize some of you have no idea what anything meant in that last sentence. I'm sorry; this chuckle might not be for you.)
(I frankly do not understand the heavy promotion of it. How many toddlers and two-year-olds know who Jack Black is? They don't care that JACK BLACK is coming to Yo Gabba Gabba, I'm pretty stinkin' sure.)
But anyway, the other day Ro sat down by his poor, decrepit wife on the couch and another commercial came on for the big JACK BLACK thing. Grace was happily coloring nearby and didn't seem to be paying much attention. I said, "Look, Ro... Jack Black is joining Yo Gabba Gabba."
Ro replied, "That's scary."
And Grace chimed in. "That's not scary. That's Jack Black. He's just an old man. He's just like Daddy."
xoxo
Please don't stop praying for Stellan!
Thursday, April 02, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Glad the doctor visit was worth the drive. Shoulda done that sooner. I like Black Jack.
what's yo gabba gabba?
what ever happened to yabba dabba do?
i get jack black mixed up with meet joe black who i thought for the longest time was king kong
go figure
So happy you are feeling better!
Post a Comment