Saturday, April 04, 2009

You'd Think I Would Have Learned This By Now...

You know, child number three, a grand total of nearly 13 years of parenting experience and all...

But I got caught up in Grace's love of all things princess and I spilled the beans. The beans that we are planning to go to Disneyland on her third birthday.

Even though I knew, as the beans were spilling, that Miss Grace, brilliant as she might be, really can't understand the concept of waiting two and a half months to visit the Happiest Place on Earth.

So it's only fair, I suppose, to have to endure the consequences of my spillage... and entertain ~ with great patience ~ the following questions no less than 6 to 8 times a day:
  • Are we going to Disneyland today?
  • When are we going to Disneyland?
  • Can we go to Disneyland now?

... along with the following comments:

  • I want to go to Disneyland now.
  • I need to go to California now to see the princesses.
  • I think we should leave for Disneyland now.

It's only 65 more days, Sweetie.

4 comments:

Talena said...

I can't believe they are going to be THREE this year. Disneyland sounds like a blast. We have thought of taking Kayleigh. She would love the princesses too... especially Cinderella.

Dad said...

Spilling the Beans is a torture, far worse than water boarding. You know that. You did it on purpose! Just to dangle the bait slightly out of her reach to get her to comply with your demands. Very cruel...But it works!

Anonymous said...

I would love to go to Disneyland too! I want to see the princesses! 65 days? That is 5 years in adult time..Poor Gracie.

wshotshot said...

I can't believe how fast 3 years have gone by! Seems like yesterday she was a little peanut!