I started out pretty well yesterday, but lost my gumption (there's a word for you, Josh, golly!) and only completed 7 of my 11 tasks. That's a D, isn't it? Hmmm. Guess I have to carry the un-dones over to today's list.
The kids and I did get going around here early ~ it's just after 10 and the house is mostly picked up and many of the day's chores are done. Josh has finished his list; Chris - who knows? She's my dawdler. I wanted to get up and get them done so we can enjoy the rest of the day.
I'm taking Grace (and probably the others, too) to Toddler Storytime today at the library. This is something I did fairly frequently with Christianne and Joshua... and I tried it once when we first moved here but I didn't care for it. At that time, she was only 2, and it was lap-sit story time, which meant on my lap, which meant on the floor. By the time we were done my butt and legs were numb. I'm too old and fat for that stuff. Hopefully today I can sit in a chair.
And tonight we are going to our first Rockies game at Coors Field. I'm excited - probably moreso than the kids, who really don't care much about baseball. To be truthful, I've lost most of my passion for the game as well when we moved here. The Rockies... just aren't the Dodgers, you know? And their announcers are nowhere near Vin Scully. So I try to watch them, but I get bored easily, so tonight I honestly will have no idea who is who or what's going on. I do know that Jim Tracy is now managing them and that our seats are in the Rock Pile.
And tomorrow... the eagerly awaited Loveland Loves Barbecue. We found out about this the year we'd decided to move here, but our timing didn't work to attend. Last year... can't remember... but something came up. And this year... it's been on our calendar for weeks. I'm really looking forward to it a lot. In fact, I have to leave soon to go buy our Porker Chips so we don't have to stand in line at the event. :)
What's on your agenda for the weekend???
xoxo
Friday, July 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
We had our weekend during the week this week, so now we'll have to spend the weekend doing what we normally do on the weekdays.
nothing
nada
naught
lperhaps an unplanned adventure.
and of course, le tour
We are having Outreach for VBS and then a luncheon at the Blunt's and swimming to get cooled off after walking in the 100 degree heat! Then I need to come home and finish my laundry and clean house.
Tomorrow is Church, setting up for VBS and making a 2 hour round trip to take my grandkids back home. It will be a slow weekend LOL
Post a Comment