One day the week before last, I got to transport the younguns to or from Vacation Bible School. I had a car-load - my 3 kids, my friend's 2 kids, and her nephew. Mostly Josh and Big T played in the very back row with their Nintendo DSs or Legos. Chris sat up front when she came because she is, after all, the closest to my age. And in the middle row we had Grace in her car seat, Little A in his car seat, and Little T in between them. Little A is about Grace's age, just a couple of weeks older, and Little T is going into first grade.
So this particular day I was listening to the interaction in the middle seat. Little T is at the perfect age to mother and play teacher to two 3-year-olds. I listened as she taught them songs and went over their ABCs.
As we approached a signal, Little T asked Little A, "What does that red light mean?"
And he said, "Stop!"
When it turned green, she asked Grace, "What does that green light mean?"
And she said, "Go!"
Little T was pleased with their wisdom. Little A's turn again: "What does it mean if it's a yellow light?"
And Little A said very somberly, "Slow down..."
But Miss Grace jumped in, knowing a different answer. "Nuh-uh! A yellow light means SUPERFAST!"
And Little T and Little A looked at her with disbelief.
Who would teach her such a thing? BTW, it was NOT me!
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
What a memory Grace has!!! I think it was last year when I told her that. LOL
im not so impressed with grace's answer or that she can remember back a year or so. she's smart and we all know that.
what i wonder about is memaw. superfast, indeed!!! LOL
I learned that from Debby . . . : )
If you don't go SUPEFRFAST, your wallet becomes SUPER THIN!!! : )
Deb speaks from experience . . .
what a hoot
Post a Comment