Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My Day

7 a.m. - Out of bed, took a bike ride with Robert. Yesterday I got up and made sure I got my walk in first thing (remember the frog thing?). I'm not liking it, but at least it's getting done. Tomorrow, however, I suspect I will be letting myself sleep in.

8:30 a.m. - Kids off to VBS. Ro and I went out to breakfast. Not the best. Waste of time - and money. :(

10:00 a.m. - I flipped channels while Ro shampooed Grace's carpet. I don't know why but Velcro continues to mark her room. Yes, he's fixed.

10:30 a.m. - Watched 2 episodes of 24, Season 5, with my Ro, until the kids got home. I'm enjoying him being home with me during the day. Maybe some day we'll be able to hang out together on the Thought Porch, or the Love Porch, and be retired, too. I don't know, though - that day seems mighty far away to me, and we've made a lot of mistakes, so retirement seems like just a crazy dream to me right now.

12:30 - Got the kids lunch, took care of Grace's nap, hung some shelves for Josh, etc.

2:00 - 2 more episodes.

5:00 - Picked Chris up from a swim date. Took Wookiee to PetSmart for the first time. It's like shopping for a new baby. Got chemicals for the Velcro problem and some chews for Wookiee. Dropped Wookiee off at home, hit a drive-thru, headed for the library.

7:00 - Family Night Scavenger Hunt at the local library. We had to find different sculptures in the area. It was a lot of fun, especially just hanging out together as a family.

9:00 - Grace down, kids occupied, final 2 episodes.

11:00 - Worked on comps and prices to put Pop's house on the market.

11:30 - Ro's in bed, but I can't sleep, so here I am. I need to do my Bible study, balance my checkbook, attack the laundry monsters, and more. I figured since I couldn't sleep I might as well get up and do something, but I have a feeling I'm going to pay for it tomorrow. I would be lining up at the movie theater right now, anxiously awaiting the latest Harry Potter installment, but life happened and the best I can do is a 1:00 show tomorrow afternoon. :: sigh ::

Sweet dreams, everyone. xoxo

3 comments:

geo said...

[shouting] wake up wake up its time to wake up.
and now that you are rested.....you won't have to worry about falling asleep during the movie!

have a grand day!

Grandpa-D. said...

My, how nice it must have been to spend a Tuesday with King Robert. You need not pressure yourself toward retirement, because for now, the burden of sorting through the gobs of stuff out there and determining just exactly what you need to know, lies with me at the Thought Dock.

geo said...

come back, crazy B Blogger!!!1