Thursday, August 06, 2009

Desperately Seeking Something

Still in search of some balance around here...

Yesterday I finished Tuesday's list; today I finished Monday's. I have one big task remaining for yesterday, and quite a bit for today. Maybe, maybe, maybe, maybe... maybe someday I'll get caught up. Maybe.

In the meantime, I stepped way out of my comfort zone yesterday and took some homemade cookies to the new neighbors across the street (from Monday's list, tsk tsk). It actually wasn't even hard. I just remember how much it meant to me, two years ago this month, to have neighbors come over and introduce themselves when we moved into our home. So... I'm trying to do right by them by paying it forward. And, the newbies are wonderfully sweet and know the Lord.

Joshua met with his teachers from last year and two other classmates for a summer book club at the park that the teachers set up. Isn't that the coolest? That his teachers would take time out of their summer to encourage reading and relationships once a month? Awesome. Christianne got her partial schedule, locker, team assignments, and etc. this week as well. Josh gets his teacher assignment next week and the school ice cream social is next week as well. Getting closer! They say they aren't ready to go back to school yet, though.

Tomorrow 3/5 of the Wiggy Ones are headed to Kaiser to get our various problems examined: me, Chris, and Josh. Nothing major, just a little "housekeeping," so to speak. The Wiggiest of us all of course will be at work, and the wiggliest of us all will probably destroy the waiting room, but you know, it's all in a day's joy for us.

I've updated a few requests over on the prayer blog. There are a lot of older, still unanswered requests as well. Most especially I think of Dr. S and T&T's marriage... heavy issues that are certainly shaking up the lives of those involved. Please, if you are doing nothing else and are just wasting time on the 'net, please stop over and pray for our friends, family, and friends of friends. It means a lot.

xoxo

4 comments:

Dad said...

Well, not to bust your bubble, but when we moved here, instead of cookies, we got a brand new car! Of course we had to pay for it ourselves.

geo said...

at least you got to move.

maybe if we hold out long enough we can find some gov. funding to assist with the delivery of some sugar-free choco-chip cookies AND a car!

have fun at the md. smile pretty.

its good to hear the schools are active in the kids lives. it is what happens down at the church school where i work....the kids are just different from those in public school. i love it.

ciao

Memaw said...

I was sitting here remembering those fun trips to the Dr. If I had to wait too long I would let Debby loose and that would usually get me in faster . . .

Christi said...

Meemaw! How can you go on the computer at 4 AM?! Do you know that people SLEEP then?!

Happy anniversary!