Such is Grace's new chant that we taught her today to refocus her attention from being sad after finding out our boys were leaving this afternoon for their annual father-son camping trip. It's so funny to hear her say it, with a lot of drama and usually a pointing finger. It actually offends Josh to some degree, but it's all just fun.
So our boys just pulled out, little Sentra packed to the top with man supplies for the next two days. Michelle offered them her cabin in Drake, about 45 minutes from here in the mountains. She actually just called and suggested they bring more hot chocolate, since theirs was eaten this weekend by bears. Bears! Oh my! :) I hope they get to see some - but from quite a distance. I don't think they need to re-enact the Southwick adventure from a couple of weeks ago.
This trip will be weird a bit for me because although they've gone before, this time I doubt they'll have cell phone reception to call and check in. I love getting frequent updates on what they're doing. They brought lots of games and Joshua's bow and arrow, as well as lots of fire-making stuff. I'm sure they'll have a blast.
Not sure what we girls will do, other than sleep together in my bed tonight. I do think we will make some Girls Rule Milkshakes and maybe have a special Girls Rule Dinner, but I've been so focused on other unspecified business endeavor things the past few days, I don't really have any plans. Although sometimes that's the best way to go.
Chris and I are nearing the end of Little Women for our Mother-Daughter book club. It's sad! I knew it would be but really thought it would just have one sad part at the end... but the last two chapters I read are both sad. I'm waiting for her to catch up so we can have our discussion and then we'll have our final one next weekend. After that we're thinking of doing Anne of Green Gables.
Well, since I'm caught up on my reading, Chris isn't, Grace is napping, and the boys are gone, I think I might take a cue from the princess and catch a few zzzz's myself. Hope you all are enjoying your weekend.
xoxo
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Joshua is so very lucky to have Robert for his Dad. Of course the kids have a pretty cool Mom as well.
Have a great girls weekend! I love my Mom & daughter time!! I can't wait until Keira & and the new grandbaby "Riley"(coming in December) to grow up so they can join in!
i don't think Boys Drool Soup sounds appetizing. Glad dinner is over. I am sure you found something girlie....hot dogs, pizza, icecream, uh huh all that and more! let the boys eat moose!
Post a Comment