That's how Grace began her story yesterday. She had all our attention, as we sat on the back steps, watching Wookiee chase a ball and swatting the occasional mosquito.
Once upon a time...
She pauses for drama.
Once upon a time there was a beautiful, beautiful princess...
I wish you could see the dramatic expression on her face.
... and her name was Christianne!
Awww.
And there was also a Queen...
Another pause, as she looks directly at me. Goody, I get to be in the story, too!
And her name was EVIL MAMA.
And that, folks, was the end of the story.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Must be your eyes!
I love it when we would sit forever and she would tell me her make up stories. She has so much expression and it amazes me how she can go on and on bringing all the characters in. I don't remember ever her bringing up Evil Mama before. She is such a stinker.
Geez Beth, what did you do? LOL
I love hearing Gracie stories!!!
No, Grace continued to say that Grace (or Princess Christianne, I can't remember which) picked a beautiful flower for Evil Mama and Evil Mama turned good.
And by the way, why are you reading Sold to Miss Seeton? Seeton is a very old lady. That book is going to mostly be about the trials that she goes through: her aching back (okay, so I have an aching back too, but that's because I played Twister, not because I'm over 500!), her hair is white, and how she bores her great-great-great (multiply those 3 greats by 50 and then you'll see how many greats there are for grandchildren) grandchildren with the story of how she rode a pterodactyl. THE END. I just saved you a lot of time.
Post a Comment