Sunday, September 20, 2009

Christmas Shopping

So I've been thinking of getting my beloved a new mop-type device for Christmas.

Or maybe even sooner, like for an early Columbus Day present.

And I've been wondering what kind of experience my vast readership might have with items like the Swiffer.

I'm easily sold by commercials and the Swiffer looks amazing. Not quite as amazing as the Shark Steamer but I can't afford the Shark right now. The Swiffer is more in my price range. Yet it isn't cheap, so I'm wondering what ya'll might think about it?

Do you have opinions? Enlighten me, please! Do I go with the Swiffer Sweeper or the Swiffer Wet Jet, or are both just a waste of money?

I know my thoughts are not quite as deep as those from the Thought Dock, but sometimes when you're wading in the deep, you should question what it is exactly that you're wading in. If you catch my drift. ;)

12 comments:

Lil Sis said...

we love our swiffer! We use the dry and wet ones

geo said...

the tool i am most fascinated with is my hoover floormate. yes, i know it is more expensive than the swiffer, but somehow, i just dont want to take the chance that my mop will be stalking me. i really do like the floormate. it is easy to use and does a great job cleaning. and believe me my floor has put it to the test.

i always go to the thought dock wearing boots

Grandpa-D. said...

Don't know much about your Sis' Swiffer; Don't know much about the Floormate either. But, I do know that I love you; and I know that if you all love me too; what a wonderful world this would be.

Visit the Thought Dock as you are. Bring your boots, ice chests, chairs, and Miracle Ears if you so need. But the best seats are in the front!

Anonymous said...

i don't know about the sweeper..it seems like a waste to me because a good broom does the trick.

but the swiffer mop is AWESOME! i like my mom's floormate too, but it'd be too complicated for the kids (and possibly a man) to use.

swiffer mop gets my vote!

-ap

Anonymous said...

Swiffer, huh? I'd go with a mop.

Christi said...

That's weird... I was going to get your blog background before I found the one that I have. :)

Beth said...

I'm coming to the conclusion that I should just shove a stick up the dog's butt and let him earn his keep.

Christi said...

What do you mean, letting him earn his keep?! That's just cruel.

wshotshot said...

I love you new wall paper!!!

wshotshot said...

I don't like the swiffer because it leaves streaks! I sweep or vacuum (my Oreck can be used for this) the tile floors and then mop and dry with a towel if I am in a hurry to get it dried! It is great exercise!! I put the towel on the floor, step on it and then swish around the floor! Maybe I should call myself the swisher!!! LOL

Jennifer said...

I haven't been impressed, at all, with the swiffer. Wet or dry. I always end up just using my broom and regular old school mop.

Although... if you ask Ron, he'd tell you to use the word "using" very loosely. So maybe I'm not the best one to give input.

Hear you've maybe been gettin' some snow?! Pictures please! :)

Beth said...

No snow for us here yet... Got some in the foothills I guess and had a little hail but mostly it's just been cold - high 40s / 50s.

I love sonw and I love cold weather, but I'm not quite ready for it yet!!!