Friday, September 04, 2009

Moving Day

Well, they're on their way. I just got the call a little bit ago that they are officially on the road. Please, please pray for a safe journey for them, and especially for Pop's transition to living here with us. It's been pretty rough on him, saying good-bye to Palmdale, friends, and family. I'm sure it's going to be hard on those who will miss him, too - especially Deb. So if you'll keep my family in your prayers as they travel, we would so greatly appreciate it.

I'm way behind - haven't had time to blog and I haven't even replied to many e-mails. I'm sorry but I thank you for being patient with me. So much craziness all coming to a head this weekend - Labor Day weekend. It has been a lot of work on our end, and a heck of a lot of work on the Palmdale end, as Deb and Mom got 50 years' worth of stuff packed, stored, and sold - as well as taking care of the house sale and such. (Speaking of which, escrow is supposed to close on Tuesday as well, so if you'll keep that in your prayers as well, it would be appreciated!)

So, we're pretty much ready. We finished emptying our closets and drawers today... finishing up some last-minute cleaning. We still have a busy weekend even with waiting for the Cali Crew - lots to do. I am really looking forward to Sunday - by then, hopefully everything will be moved in and we can all just rest, relax, and enjoy each other's company for a couple of days.

I guess I'd better run... I have to work tonight. :) That's a good thing, but I'm tired from working at my non-paying job all day! Anyway... I hope you have a blessed, fabulous, relaxing holiday weekend.

xoxo

3 comments:

geo said...

how exciting! you are all in my prayers.

God is good.

Grandpa-D. said...

me2

wshotshot said...

Missing Pop already!