Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Waiting

It's been a busy day, just like most of them. A day of cleaning and running errands and taking care of people I love. A day of driving back and forth and back again a few times, cooking, more driving, helping. Busy from the time I rolled out of bed, until just about 10 minutes ago, and now I'm sitting here,

waiting.

Mom and Kathy will be here in a few minutes. I'm so excited to see them, but I'm also so wiped out that I hope I can get a burst of energy rather than yawn again and again as we catch up a little bit before I fall asleep.

I *am* 40 now, you know.

And such is the nature of this visit. Kathy hit that milestone this year as well (much earlier than I did, you know *wink*wink*), and we are headed to Estes Park for some girly time. I'm really excited about it! We're going to scrap, talk, eat, lather, rinse, repeat!

I haven't packed or anything... been too busy with everything else... but I still have the morning. And a white morning is predicted - more snow apparently on the way. How fun, a white retreat in the mountains with a precious friend... I am so incredibly blessed.

That's all I have to share, so I'll wrap this up,

and continue to wait.

xoxo

4 comments:

Talena said...

Enjoy your retreat!

Grandpa-D. said...

I know you've been looking foward to the retreat for much too long. Enjoy your time!

geo said...

ack! i could have (and should have) flown to denver. i was 40 a while back,,,i qualify wink* wink*

what a fun time!

do it

Barb said...

Wish I were going!