Well, the past week or so we have been on a staycation. The kids got out of school and Robert was off work and we spent a great week or so just spending time together. We went up to the RMNP and saw more elk than I ever have (even during rut!) - and a wild turkey! We went to the Butterfly Pavilion and we hung out at home. We discovered a new family game suggested by my sister - Things - and played that a lot. We all (except for Pop somehow) dealt with colds. And in all it was a great week.
Still I have to admit as nice as it was I am nothing without some sort of structure or routine. So although I got very little sleep last night I've been up for several hours already this morning, getting my calendar back in order and working on laundry, trying to get my proverbial ducks in a row.
Christianne is at her first ever high school band camp. I am actually really excited for her - it sounds like a lot of fun. It's today, overnight, and home tomorrow, and they will do some music but a lot of team-building and getting to know everyone. This one is just for rookies and section leaders, and the entire regiment has band camp (though not overnight) again on Friday and Saturday.
I'll be honest - this program is amazing and we are blessed but I'm very overwhelmed with it.
And this is just the first day.
Ro is back at work today and I'm home with Pop and Josh and Grace. I think we'll have a low-key catch-up day before we start running errands tomorrow. We are counting down to Grace's 4th birthday and the arrival of our Cali crew, a week from today.
Well, there... we're all caught up now and I'm starting to yawn. Happy June ~ Happy Summer.
xoxo
Tuesday, June 01, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
6 more days . . . .
Looks like things are not what you feared in your "So tell me" post. Not yet, at least. Wish we could be there!
i want to play
geo
blog before summer is over
geo
LOL I was just thinking you must be having a great summer since you are posting! I miss you!!!!
Post a Comment