1. Our 4th of July celebration was extended to the 5th of July. Over the weekend no rain was forecast, but just as Ro took the meat off the grill (that was good timing!) the rain began ~ and didn't quit for hours. The city show was postponed til last night, as were our own pyro presentations. It is hard to keep telling a 4yo to "wait until dark, wait until dark," and then, "wait until tomorrow at dark..."
2. I am looking so forward to Loveland Loves Barbecue this weekend.
3. I am also looking so forward to getting out of the proverbial Dodge next week.
4. We are a week into July and I have not turned on my air conditioner except for one failed attempt when Pop made me heat up the house to make him corn bread right before I was having a party here for my unspecified business endeavor last week. I do not like to sweat or be hot so this is a huge, huge thing for me. It's been a little warm at times, but not unbearable. It probably helps that my computer and life are set up in the basement now, though, rather than the loft - but the kids haven't complained about the heat and Pop certainly won't.
5. One day last week (I think) we took the kids to Sonic for 99-cent sundaes. It was fun, and I had an ice water. Now this is the strange part: I have been craving an ice water from Sonic ever since. Not the water so much as the ice. Have you ever noticed their ice before? Little ice balls, perfect for crunching because they're almost soft. My gosh, I keep hoping my daily errands will take me to the vicinity of a Sonic but so far, no luck. And I'm way too cheap and lazy to drive out of the way for ice water.
6. Josh has been walking with me the past couple of days. I have enjoyed our time together so much! We talk, walk, laugh... it's great for both of us, physically and familyly.
Tuesday, July 06, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Summer is finally here too. In the 80's and nothing but clear blue skies. And I'm gonna get me a tie-dyed t-shirt like everyone else here.
80's???? try, we have been over 100 three times now and after this week, we will be there permanently til????
ice cravings indication of iron deficiency.
walk walk walk. go buddy go.
geo
Post a Comment