Well, here I go again, ready to start over on disciplining my body and making it my slave. The kids are in school, it's Monday, and as promised, I'm ready.
I did have a realization in these past couple of weeks, though, about this whole food issue. (Or a re-realizaton, I suppose, as this is nothing new.)
As much as I want Mom to quit smoking, I cannot lose weight for that.
(And imagine the guilt I'll have to deal with if she dies of lung cancer before I get my weight off!)
As much as I want to present a sexy body to my hubba, I cannot lose weight for that.
As much as I want to have energy for my kids, feel better about myself, buy new clothes that fit better, get off some of my medications, yada yada yada, I cannot lose weight for that.
In fact, it isn't even going to be about losing weight for me anymore. I will, of course, still weigh in, because hopefully losing weight will be a by-product of this process. But the more important thing - the thing it has to be about - is honoring God with my body.
Developing the fruit of self-control.
Learning discipline.
Learning perseverance.
Learning obedience.
Pleasing God.
That's what it has to be about. Nothing else matters - not pleasing my family, my friends, even myself. It has to be about pleasing God.
I know this sounds cuckoo to some of you. That's okay. But this I know deep in my heart, and it's Truth: nothing else matters but pleasing God.
So here I go again... for the 1,252nd time. I'm starting over. Weighed in - back to 0. Re-starting my "phase one". Mondays are the new check-in day for me - I'm less tempted to cheat over the weekend that way. ;) I'd still love to hear from you others on this journey. I hear Deb has great losses to report! Awesome! I'm sure you're feeling better already, eh?
And as the puffy sticker used to say on the dashboard of Pop's old blue Pinto: Be patient with me. God isn't finished with me yet.
~~~~~
Monday Numbers: Phase 1, week 0 (starting over)
Weight to lose (this phase): 20
Pounds to lose (overall): 90
Monday, August 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
You are absolutely right. Hang on. I've started over many many times in my endeavor to please God, sometimes many in the same day. If you stumble just get up and take another step.
I agree with you totally! Love ya!
Well I am still supporting you in this endeavor. My accomplishment is good, but I still look at it as a beginning as I still have a long way to go, not so much in the loosing it, but once it's off, the maintaining part. As of this morning I am 25 pounds lighter and probably another 40 or so to go. : )
Lookin' Good Deb!
i am there w/ you beth. on the bike...tandem with grace on the back. wind blowing in our hair. we are taking in all the nature around us. Look!!! Taco Bell!
and you know....neither one of us wants to put on the brakes.
keep pedaling!
Hi Beth, although I haven't had Deb's success I have had a bit. As of yesterday I am 5 pounds lighter with 45 to 50 to go.
Post a Comment