Most of you know the story of my life recently. I have been quite overwhelmed! Tonight I was given such a blessing ~ I was able to take Christianne to band rehearsal tonight across town, which meant that while she was rehearsing, I got essentially three hours to myself of mostly uninterrupted me time. In this case, I have used most of that time this evening working on my Bible study (which I was behind on) and reading my Bible (ditto). That in itself was a huge blessing.
I chose to spread out at Chick-fil-A because A) they play worship music on the loudspeakers, B) they have free wi-fi (though I'll admit I recently relocated to Panera for a hot chocolate), C) they are friendly and have great service, and D) they have pretty stinkin' good brownies.
But the highlight of my evening didn't come from A, B, C, or D, actually. It came from a 20-second exchange with the young man who took my order, as he filled my soda.
YM: So how has your day been?
me: Better than yesterday, thank the Lord.
YM: Oh? Everything okay?
me: I just... take care of my grandpa... on hospice... and it's been rough. But I got to get out tonight.
YM: Ah. Well, something you said really struck me. You said, "Thank the Lord." And I happen to believe very strongly in that and want to remind you that as you do that, He will give you the peace that transcends all understanding as you go through this right now.
And he handed me my soda.
I was very moved. I thanked him for his encouragement through that reminder... what a gift that was to me this evening! And from there, I went to a back table and spent the next hour and a half feasting on the Word of God.
I am, this evening, understanding what it means to be, in the words of my friend Kim, humbled, buoyed, and blessed.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Don't you just love how God uses the most simplest things and people to bless, reafirm, and encourage us while we go through the really hard trials of life. I have shared with you so many times in my darkest hour how God turned it around to make it the most meaningful and built my faith even deeper. God is so good.
God is so good to give us what we need just when we need it the most! What an awesome God we serve!
And, through you, the YM has toughed all of us!
Post a Comment